We all sometimes face a general state of worry and get anxious before we do something challenging or new. These feelings are normal and can enhance our productivity.
Anxiety is considered a problem when it interferes in our daily functioning and habits. It also interrupts our sleep and often people with anxiety suffer from insomnia. Anxiety is when a reaction is out of proportion from the situation at hand. It is constant worry and a feeling of lurking doom of the worst possible thing happening in any given situation.
- It’s paralyzing
- It feels as if the weight of the world is on your shoulders. You feel suffocated.
- Even though we look OK on the outside, our anxiety is wrecking havoc on the inside.
- You can’t just stop worrying. There is no ‘on’ or ‘off’ switch.
- It’s totally possible to have social anxiety and be a raging extrovert.
- Saying you will be fine doesn’t help.
- Just because I can’t explain the feelings causing my anxiety, doesn’t mean them less valid.
- I don’t always know why I’m anxious.
- All the logic in the world won’t keep my heart from hammering in my chest.
- My mind is my enemy, so I need you on my side. Sometimes I need you to fight alongside me.
If you or someone you know suffers from anxiety, this list can help you with a glimpse of those living with anxiety and hopefully assure you that your not alone, even though you may think that your the only one feeling like this. It’s best to talk to someone and reach out. You are not alone.