- Keep it clean- Wash your face morning and night as dirt gets trapped in pores and the surface of the skin, which then leads to breakouts and zits. I make my own cleanser which takes a minute and does wonders for my skin. Mix 1 teaspoon honey with raw milk. You will obtain a fine lotion which you then apply evenly and gently to your skin. Massage this in for 2-3 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. I have normal skin and this method has worked for me by brightening my skin and removes oil from the face. Perfect for both normal and oily skin.
- Moisturize- this is so important! The skin goes through so much during the day that we need to keep it hydrated and protected. I use a moisturizer that has 15spf. It is so crucial to protect your skin from the sun as without sunscreen skin is going to be prone to wrinkles from free radicals. Find out whether you are normal, oily or dry skinned. Moisturizers for dry skin are generally petroleum or oil-based. Oily skin calls for a water-based moisturizer. It should also be noncomedogenic to prevent your pores from clogging. Normal skin also needs a water-based moisturizer, but one which contains some oils, though much less than dry skin needs. Sensitive skin needs a moisturizer with medicinal or soothing properties. Look for moisturizers with chamomile or aloe, but stay away from those with fragrances, dyes, or acids.
- Exfoliatate- Pores get larger when they are filled with dirt. Exfoliating a few times a week will do wonders to your skin. I make a home made one. I mix baking sofa with water to form a paste then rub it on my face and leave for 2-3 mins. Baking soda is just the right size to act as a gentle exfoliant, and it can also help to clear up acne.
- Drink plenty of water- As well as having other multiple benefited for us, water moisturizes your skin, keeping it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Gets rid of wrinkles. It’s the best anti-aging treatment around! I know it’s easier said than done. I find carrying a water bottle with me, reminds me to keep myself hydrated.
- Don’t sleep with your makeup on!- We all know how important this is but sometimes after a stressful day dismiss this and end up sleeeping with makeup on overnight. Sleeping with makeup on, clogs the pores, leading to spots, dull skin and larger pores. So I find the quickest way to do this is with wipes.
- Eating berries- Berries are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, plus they have a low glycemic index so they won’t raise your blood sugar. Because sugar can stimulate a breakout, eating berries will reduce the risk of pimples.
- Exercise- Exercising helps us stay healthy and aids in clear skin by sweating out toxins from our bodies. Just 15 mins a day can make a huge difference in our lives. There are many home workouts that you can easily implement into your life. I will be sharing some of my workouts on an upcoming blog.
Thanks for reading. If you have benefited from my post then please feel free to share by clicking the share button! Sharing is caring!